Phone Call Conversion Tracking with Google Ads
Phone calls are essential to most businesses and you can use conversion tracking with Google Ads to help you see how effectively your ad clicks lead to different kinds of phone calls for your client or business.
Benefits of Phone Call Conversion Tracking
- See which keywords, ads, ad groups, and campaigns are best at driving the most valuable phone calls to your business.
- Understand your return on investment (ROI) and make better informed decisions about your ad spend.
- Choose from various automated bid strategies that automatically optimize your campaigns according to your business goals including:
Phone Call Conversion Types that you can Track
There are four ways to track phone call conversions:
- Calls from ads: Track calls that are made directly from call-only ads or call and location extensions used in your ads. You set a minimum call length, and every call that lasts at least that long is counted as a conversion.
- Calls to a phone number on your website: Track calls made when someone clicks on your ad, then calls the forwarding number we display on your website. You set a minimum call length, and every call that lasts at least that long is counted as a conversion.
- Clicks on a number on your mobile website: Track calls made when someone clicks on your ad, then clicks on a phone number, button, or link on the mobile version of your website. In this case, we can only track these clicks, not the phone calls themselves.
- Import call conversions: Import call conversions that you track in another system into Google Ads. This method allows more control over which calls you count as conversions. For example, you can choose to track calls as conversions only when they include sales, and include the values of these sales. This gives you more information on which ads are driving the most valuable calls for your business. Importing call conversions requires tracking call details in another system, such as a customer relationship management (CRM) application, and importing this information into Google Ads. (Tracking call conversions from ads and from a website and importing call conversions require Google forwarding numbers.)