In this article, we will focus on Facebook Audience Optimization and managing Facebook. We will also discuss ways you can optimize your ad campaigns. To have effective Facebook ads and ad campaigns, you need to understand your audience.
Here are a few key factors to consider when utilizing Facebook ad campaigns.
- There are 2.74 billion active Facebook users each month.
- 79.9% of Facebook users access the platform on a mobile device.
- 1.3 billion people use Facebook Messenger.
- 48.5% of B2B decision-makers use Facebook for research.
- Two-thirds of Facebook users visit a local business page at least once a week.
- Facebook has an advertising audience of 2.14 billion.
- 47% of Facebook ad revenue comes from the U.S. and Canada.
- An average Facebook user clicks on 12 ads per month.
Facebook ads are a great way to get exposure to a wide audience. Now, let’s take a look at how you can use Facebook Audience Optimization to further improve the success of your Facebook ads.
Facebook Audience Optimization
Facebook Audience Optimization is an organic targeting tool to help publishers reach out to and engage with their audience. This tool helps publishers understand their audience as well as their interests and the posts on which people click.
There are three key features of Facebook Audience Optimization.
Publishers can add interest tags to their posts to help their audience connect more with topics and subtopics that will engage them. These tags are used to prioritize and they are set uniquely for each person.
Publishers can limit the visibility of posts across Facebook. This gives them the ability to specify people who would not find their posts interesting based on location, language, age, or gender.
Publishers can see the performance of their content. The insights are broken down by interest tag in addition to the page insights. By showing reach and engagement, publishers understand how different people are responding to each tag.
According to Social Media Examiner, Facebook Audience Optimization can be used to get more organic exposure. The best way to do this is by enabling Audience Optimization for posts. Also, be sure to apply Audience Optimization to new and published posts. Finally, analyze insights and engagements.
Effective Facebook Ads
There are different types of Facebook Ads. Your business goals and advertising objectives will help you decide which type of ad is best for your business.
Image ads give you the option to show off your products by posting a single photo. These ads have several benefits.
They increase interest in your brand and services.
You can showcase your brand and products by using an eye-catching image. Use an image to give your brand personality and encourage people to follow your business’s Facebook page.
They raise awareness of your products.
You can share an intriguing image to encourage people to check out your products or services.
They deliver a simple message.
Your message should be simple and clear. It should be well written and cause people to take some sort of action such as buying a product, visiting your website, or simply learning more about your business and services.
There are many image formats you can use to create image ads. Some formats include:
Facebook recommends using a JPG file or PNG file for the best image results.
Image ads can be placed on Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger. A variety of image ratios are available for the images.
Video ads give you the option to show off your business, products, and services via video. These ads provide certain benefits.
Show off your product and service in new ways.
You can use video to show off unique features or tell your brand story.
Capture your audience’s attention quickly.
Video ads can captivate your audience in a matter of seconds and keep them engaged.
Deliver a single message easily.
Just like image ads, your message should be simple and clear. It should be well written and cause people to take some sort of action like buying a product, visiting your website, or learning more about your business and services.
Video ads can be placed on Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger. Several different ratios and video lengths are available depending on the placement of the ad. Shorter videos are more engaging, especially on mobile devices.
Carousel ads include two or more images and/or videos in one ad. Each image or video can have a description, link, headline, and call to action (CTA). To view carousel ads, people can scroll through using the arrows on a computer or swiping on a mobile device. Carousel ads can be used to showcase services and events. They offer unique benefits.
Feature multiple products and link to different landing pages.
Raise your click-through rate (CTR) by giving customers more options.
Highlight several features on a single product.
Educate your customers by showing different angles or details of a product.
Tell a story.
Use images and/or video to illustrate a narrative.
Explain a process.
Walk your customers through a step-by-step process of your business.
Create a larger canvas.
Create a single long image for an immersive ad experience.
Sell the benefits.
Share all the benefits of your business through images and video to show new customers.
Similar to image and video ads, carousel ads will appear on Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger.
Collection ads make it easier for customers to discover, browse, and purchase your products or services from their phones. These ads are visual and immersive. Collection ads include a cover photo or video with multiple photos underneath. When a consumer taps on an ad, a full-screen Instant Experience opens up and displays the images.
Collection ads can be used to:
- Drive product discovery and engage people with relevant products.
- Provide a seamless browsing experience on mobile devices. When someone taps on your ad, it gives the viewer a full-screen experience to view products or learn more about them.
- Encourage customers to browse your website and make a purchase.
- Show off your product catalog. Show off multiple products or services through the use of images and prompt multiple purchases.
Collection ads can be found on Facebook News Feeds, Instagram Feeds, and Instagram Stories. Depending on the placement of the ad, the number of photos shown below the cover image or video may vary.
Facebook Messenger Ads
Facebook Messenger is an instant messaging platform and is used by Facebook users as well as people who may not use Facebook at all.
- Clicking on Messenger ads directs you to Facebook Messenger. Include a CTA to “Send Message” within the ad.
- Sponsored messages are used to send out an ad or deal to your current customers. These ads also target people who have shown interest in your product previously.
- Home section ads get your name out there to a broad audience and are displayed on the Messenger app. This is a way to present viewers with more information on a product in which they are interested.
- Messenger stories will grab the attention of viewers by using an image and turning a story into a full-page ad. These ads are used for brand awareness.
There are several components to consider when running effective Facebook ads.
1. Open up a Facebook Ads Manager account and create your first Facebook Ad.
2. Choose an objective. There are many objectives from which you can choose. Here are a few:
- Brand awareness
- Website traffic
By choosing one of these options, you’ll give Facebook an idea of what you want for your ad and they can present the best ad options to you.
3. Choose your target audience.
4. Consider your audience and narrow your focus by using Facebook’s targeting criteria. Facebook offers many targeting options. Some of these options include:
Once you’ve set your audience options, Facebook allows you to save and use the same audience settings in the future.
5. Set your budget. Facebook offers two different budget options. You can create a daily budget or a lifetime budget.
You can continuously run an ad throughout the day. Facebook will pace your spending per day. The minimum daily budget for an ad is $1.00.
You can set a specific length of time you want to run an ad. Facebook will pace your spending over the time you set to run the ad.
6. Monitor your ad’s performance metrics.
Facebook has several metrics to track.
Managing Facebook Ads
Depending on your needs, you can manage your Facebook ads with Facebook Ads Manager or Facebook Business Manager.
Facebook Ads Manager
Facebook Ads Manager is an all-in-one way to create, manage where and when your Facebook ads run, and track how your ad campaigns are doing. With Facebook Ads Manager, you can create new ads, choose your audience, set up and manage your ad budgets, adjust your campaigns, run ads across multiple apps, test which ads perform best, and get real-time insights.
When running Facebook ads, begin by creating a Facebook Ads Manager account. This account will become your control center for all your Facebook ads. Next, create an ad through Ads Manager, choose an objective, choose your audience, set a budget, and report on Facebook ad performance.
Facebook Business Manager
The best way to manage Facebook ads for clients is by using Facebook Business Manager. This is a great way to manage more than one Facebook page, accounts, and ads all in one place. You can also give access to your team or a select group of your team. Rather than linking your personal Facebook page, you can use Business Manager to link your employees as administrators who can also manage a page or pages.
The main benefits of using Facebook manager include:
- The ability to separate your personal Facebook account from your business page.
- Managing multiple Facebook pages and ads in one place.
- Securely share and access with multiple people like agencies, partners, and vendors without giving them ownership of your business assets.
- Build custom audiences for different ad campaigns.
- Control the access someone has based on their role.
Ad Campaign Optimization
Ad campaign optimization uses best practices to improve online ad performance and makes sure a business or company is meeting its goals. Optimize your ad campaigns to improve metrics, develop keyword lists, enhance Google bids, streamline your advertising strategy, add value to your ads, and target ads precisely.
There are many ways to optimize your Facebook ad campaign.
- Keep your mobile and desktop ads separate. You should optimize your ads based on Calls-to-action (CTA) because they perform differently on mobile and desktop.
- Test different images with your ad to see what gets the best click-through rate (CTR). Figure out what image works the best. Then find similar images and test whether or not people click on those.
- Choose a CTA. Some examples are: Book Now, Learn More, Download, and Sign Up.
- Target your audience according to their interests.
Facebook advertising can be a huge endeavor. If you would like some assistance with your Facebook ads, SEO Design Chicago can help you with all your Facebook ad needs.
- What is Facebook Audience Optimization?
- How are Facebook ads effective?
- Which Facebook ads are right for you?
- Where can you manage Facebook ads?
- Why should you use Facebook ads?
Contact Us Today!