A responsive website is very important. When you’re searching the internet for an answer or product, how quickly do you click out of a slow, or difficult-to-follow website? Let’s face it, we aren’t all that patient when it comes to waiting for a website to load or be user-friendly. In this article, we will address the importance of a responsive website, how to effectively maintain your website, and website design.
According to Hubspot, 73% of website designers believe that a non-responsive design is the top reason why visitors leave a website.
Top reasons for a visitor to leave a website include:
- 89% of visitors leave a website because it is slow to load
- 73% of visitors leave a website due to unresponsiveness
- 62% of visitors leave because of bad navigation
- 39% of visitors leave due to an outdated website design
- 35% leave a website because of poor content structure
- 4% leave because of obtrusive use of audio/video
Here are some reasons why website maintenance is essential to your business.
- Enhanced security
- Better user experience
- Beneficial for SEO
- Regular updates
- Reliable website backups
- Strengthens your business reputation
- Proper monitoring and tracking
- More conversions
- Save time and money
Security is crucial. Studies show that cyber-attacks are:
- 95% human error
- Globally, about 30,000 websites are hacked every day
- 43% of cyber attacks target small businesses
To avoid a cyber attack, protect your website and business by keeping sensitive data secure. You constantly monitor your website and invest in the latest security updates. Having a secure website will protect your business, customers, and reputation.
Better user experience
A well-maintained website attracts online visitors and maintains their interest levels. A bad user experience (UX) will deter people from returning to your website in the future. This is why your website must be consistent and user-friendly. It should provide a personalized shopping experience. You should focus on fixing any issues such as broken links, page errors, and slow speeds. Having a good UX will help you to compete favorably in the market.
Beneficial for SEO
Search engine optimization or SEO plays a huge part in getting your content right in front of people. SEO is a continuous process and requires sustained efforts. This involves making sure your website aligns with search engines.
Regular updates will help boost your SEO. This will ensure that your site is compatible with the latest algorithms and tools. Additionally, it will improve your search engine rankings, making it easier for your business to be found online.
The digital world is fast-paced. Keeping your website up to date will help boost your website performance. Regular updates will keep your website fresh and efficient.
Your website maintenance team will use the latest techniques to ensure your site is compatible with new technology. Also, they will make sure your site is working properly across all devices.
Reliable website backups
You should always back up your website files and related databases in a secure location. This allows you to restore your website to a previous state after a security incident. Backing up your website can also prevent the loss of data and safeguard human error. Reliable backups can put your mind at ease and focus on your core business.
Strengthens your business reputation
Your website says a lot about your business and values. It’s the first thing current customers and potential customers see. A well-maintained website comes across as secure and relevant, giving you a good reputation. A strong brand image will help you retain existing customers and attract new ones.
Proper monitoring and tracking
After dedicating time and money to website maintenance, you’ll want to know how your website is performing. Your maintenance team will provide insights and reports to help you track the progress of your campaign. Tracking will help you determine whether or not you’re meeting your marketing goals. Plus, it will help you develop a solid online strategy.
The main goal of a business is to attract new customers and keep existing customers interested in coming back to your website. Your website should help convert visitors into buyers.
Therefore, fresh content, SEO, improved speed, and consistent site functionality will drive more traffic to your website. This will increase your conversions.
Save time and money
Over time, improper website maintenance can lead to expensive repair problems. This may result in a loss of revenue. A website maintenance plan helps detect problems early, ensuring that your website is running smoothly. This will help you avoid stressful emergencies, and save time and money.
Monthly Website Maintenance Plan
As we all know, over time things change and become irrelevant or no longer useful. Technology changes at a rapid pace. Maybe your company changed a service or product. Therefore, maintaining and keeping your website current is crucial for your business.
What is a website maintenance plan?
A website maintenance plan is exactly what it sounds like. Simply put, this is an ongoing plan to maintain and support your website.
Monthly Website Maintenance Tasks
There are many different website maintenance tasks to implement. Some of these tasks are weekly, others are quarterly or yearly. Here are some monthly website maintenance tasks.
- Analyze your business site’s performance statistics from the previous month and look for optimization opportunities. You can use tools such as:
- Google Analytics
- Review the load speed of the entire website with a tool like GT Metrix.
- Use SEO best practices and review the content such as blog posts and webpages on your website. You can use a tool like SurferSEO to help you check for optimizations.
- Review the security scans generated by your security app. If anything looks suspicious, contact a website security professional.
Having a website maintenance plan will make sure your website is the ideal medium for driving your business and reliability. A maintenance plan will also help you keep your website up-to-date and secure.
Website Design and Maintenance
Website design involves creating websites and web pages to reflect your company’s brand and information and ensure a user-friendly experience.
Hiring a Digital Agency
A digital agency is a business you hire to outsource your digital marketing efforts. They provide a variety of digital solutions to promote your product or service online and help you hit your marketing goals and grow your business.
Digital agencies offer a number of different services. One of these services is website design. So, how do you hire the right website design agency?
- Search online to find web design agencies available to you. Keep in mind that not all design agencies have to be local.
- Choose a website design agency with a clear, organized, and detailed website. If you like the look of their site, chances are you’ll like what they can create for you.
- Find a web design agency that has experience with designing sites for various industries. The agency may have already designed a website for another company similar to your brand. Check out those websites and tell the agency what you liked or disliked about that site. This will give them some guidance on how you’d like your website to look.
- Choose an agency that can make your website design user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- When meeting with a website agency for the first time, have a wishlist for your website in how you want it to look and what you hope to accomplish. A good agency will listen to your ideas and provide some of their own ideas and expertise to help you.
- Choose a website design agency that you connect with. Be sure to communicate regularly with them and update them on your website needs.
Finally, here’s some good news! If you’re looking for a website design agency, look no further. SEO Design Chicago is a full-service digital marketing agency. We offer services such as website design and development, content creation, digital advertising, SEO, and digital marketing consulting.
Contact Us Today!