If you have ever wanted to share a YouTube video on Instagram, you probably know that there is no direct way of doing so (yet.) YouTube and Instagram are two of the main video platforms on the internet. However, sharing a YouTube video on Instagram can be a challenge. Sharing videos is key on Instagram in 2021. Perhaps you have both an Instagram and a YouTube account. Or, you have an Instagram account dedicated to reposting YouTube videos. Either way, you will need to know how to share a YouTube video on Instagram. That’s why we’ve put together this step-by-step guide for you.
Reasons for Sharing a YouTube Video to Instagram
Before we get into how to share a YouTube video on Instagram, we might discuss a few reasons why you might want to do so in the first place.
You Found Something Funny or Cool
Sometimes, you simply want to share a YouTube video to Instagram because you found some cool or funny content that you wanted to share!
You’re Creating a Video Compilation
Perhaps you are creating a compilation of all of your favorite music videos, for example. You might need to download multiple YouTube videos to get clips to compile for your compilation video.
To Use in Another Project
Perhaps there is a clip in a YouTube video that you would like to add to your own project. Simply download and clip the piece you want!
How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram
You are able to share YouTube videos directly on other platforms that allow link sharing, like Facebook, Twitter, and reddit. However, Instagram is not one of those platforms.
Keep in mind that Instagram has a few requirements for videos shared to its platform. You cannot post anything explicit, and videos need to be between three and 60 seconds long. If the YouTube video you are sharing is longer, you will need to edit it down.
In order to share a YouTube video on Instagram, there are two steps.
- Download the YouTube video
- Share the downloaded YouTube video on Instagram
There are many tools available online that can help you download a YouTube video. Some examples are KeepVid, y2mate, and Videoder.
How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram Stories
Now, we will discuss the steps for how to share a YouTube video on Instagram Stories. First, download the YouTube video using one of the tools discussed above. It should be an easy and fast process.
- Copy the YouTube URL
- Paste the YouTube URL into any of the YouTube downloader tools or apps
- Download the video to your phone’s gallery
- Make any necessary edits and adjustments (add a filter, trim it, or add a custom cover)
- Open your Instagram app and tap on your profile picture in the top left of the screen
- Tap the gallery icon on the bottom left
- Select the downloaded video
- Write a caption, add some hashtags or a location tag, if you choose, and share it to your Instagram story!
Here’s an important step that you need to keep in mind: if the video you downloaded isn’t yours, or comes from someone else’s YouTube channel, make sure to attribute it to them and source the original. Even if you are just using clips from someone else’s video, be sure to credit them when necessary.
How to Share YouTube Videos on Instagram on a Mobile Phone
You can use any browser on your smartphone, like Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, to download YouTube videos and share them to Instagram. Here are the steps:
- Copy the YouTube video’s URL
- Open any browser
- Go to the YouTube mp4 downloader
- Copy the YouTube video URL and paste it into the downloader
- Download the video
- Open the Instagram app and post the video
If you have an Android phone, you can find the downloaded video quickly in your “Downloads” folder.
However, ioS is slightly different. When you open your Instagram app, you can only upload videos from your phone’s gallery. So make sure you have moved the video to the gallery.
How to Share YouTube Videos on Instagram on Desktop
Luckily, sharing a YouTube video on Instagram is much easier on a desktop computer than it is on your mobile phone. Simply download the YouTube video using one of the tools, then open up Instagram on your desktop and share the video. Voila!
Now, you should know everything there is to know about how to share YouTube videos on Instagram. If you want to get more followers on Instagram, you might need to share YouTube videos. If you need help with your Instagram account, contact us at SEO Design Chicago today!
FAQs about How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram:
- How do I post a YouTube video on Instagram?
- How do I post a YouTube video on my Instagram story?
- Why would I need to share a YouTube video on Instagram?
- Does Instagram let me share YouTube videos?
- How do I share a YouTube video on Instagram on my computer?