As a Facebook group administrator, there might be certain posts you want to make sure everyone in your community sees. If you have a Facebook post you’d like to promote, one way to do so is by making an announcement. Then, if you want to make sure everyone in your group sees your announcement, you can pin it to the top of the page! We’ll teach you how to make an announcement in a Facebook group and how to pin it to the top of the page in this article.
Facebook Group Announcements
First let’s talk about the definition of announcement. Group announcements are posts that appear at the top of your group in an announcements section.
There can be up to 50 announcements at a time in a group! This is different from a pinned post, in that there can only be one pinned post at a time. Many group owners love that now they can feature more than just one post at the top of their group page. There are many reasons you might want to make an announcement in your Facebook group. For example, perhaps you have an announcement about an upcoming event, a change to group rules, or you want to recognize a particular member of the group.
Keep in mind that only admins or group managers are allowed to mark a post as an announcement in a Facebook group. (If you are an admin, it will say so below your name in the group.)
How to Make an Announcement in a Facebook Group
Here’s how to announce something in your Facebook group:
- From your Facebook News Feed, first click “Groups” in the left menu and select your group. (Tip: If you don’t see your group, click See More.)
- Click “What’s on your mind, Name?” and create a post within your group.
- Click post.
- Once you see the post in the Facebook group, click the three dots on the top right hand corner of the post. Click “Mark as announcement.”
- Or, you can find an existing post, click the three buttons on the top right hand corner, and click “Mark as announcement.”
How to Remove an Announcement in a Facebook Group
Occasionally, you will no longer need to display your post as an announcement. Here are the steps for how to remove an announcement from your Facebook group:
- Find the announcement under the “Announcements” tab and click the three dots.
- Click “Remove announcement.”
How to Pin an Announcement in a Facebook Group
You also have the option to pin or unpin an announcement in a Facebook group. Here’s how:
- Go to the announcement and click the three dots.
- Click “Pin to top.” If you want to unpin the announcement, simply click “Unpin from top.”
Facebook Management with SEO Design Chicago
If you need help managing your business’s Facebook group or page, contact SEO Design Chicago today! Our social media managers excel at posting at the right time for your business or promoting your Facebook posts.
- What is an announcement in a Facebook group?
- How do I make an announcement in a Facebook group?
- How do I pin an announcement in a Facebook group?
- Can I unpin an announcement in a Facebook group?
- Can only admins make announcements in Facebook groups?