Learning how to increase organic traffic is important since more than half of traffic to web pages and nearly half of revenue are driven organically. Organic traffic is powerful when leveraged well. But what exactly does organic traffic entail? If you’ve ever wondered why marketing teams push web traffic advertising it’s because it also boosts organic traffic. When organic and paid traffic tools are used together, they are a powerful duo. Yet, pages that have the most authority are ranking sites that have focused their SEO tactics primarily on organic traffic! With or without fancy marketing, they still rank.
How Do Web Pages Rank on Google?
Have you ever wondered how web pages rank first on Google? When users search for topics on Google, they are more likely to see paid traffic options before organic traffic webpages. While paid traffic tools are very helpful, they are most effective when paired with great organic tools like SEO. The internet is swamped with information on how to boost organic traffic, but why waste the time on strategies that aren’t proven to work long term? You probably have heard of search engine optimization many times and there’s a reason why.
What Is Organic Traffic?
Organic traffic is defined as traffic that comes to your site through search engine ranking without paid influence. Google ranks paid advertising before organic traffic sites. Organically ranking sites show up right after paid ads. Everyone is fighting to be a top site, but what increases a website’s chances of being a top-ranked site?
The secret to an increase in organic traffic lies in the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) and a few other advanced tools! SEO can be broken down into three main categories: on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. All of these categories combined and done well optimize the overall user experience on your site. These main categories put together are the key to optimizing organic traffic to be a top-ranking site
How To Drive Traffic To Your Website
So far we have touched on what organic traffic is and the power it holds over paid advertising when done well. Now we’ll touch on our top tips to drive traffic to your website using SEO. These tips are guaranteed to increase your organic traffic. These SEO-based tools can often be overlooked but boost user experience on your page.
- Keyword Research: Beginning with the basics of SEO, keyword research is based on good content. You want to use 2-3 keywords along with your main headline keyword. Keywords are great to target your ideal audience. It also shows Google what your content is about. When doing your keyword research, low competition and high traffic choices are the best to utilize.
- Optimized Headlines and Content: Your content should be optimized to increase organic traffic. Optimized content means using attention-grabbing hooks, long-form content with great keywords, and more. Overall, high quality and engaging writing is preferred. Keep paragraphs short and punchy!
- Long-Tail Keywords: Long-tail keywords are necessary when increasing organic traffic. If you primarily use common keywords that are oversaturated on Google, your site is less likely to rank. Long-tail keywords are variations to your topic that should have less competition than shorter keywords. Incorporating long-tail keywords is going to boost your web page authority and search engine ranking.
- Optimized Images: There are two things to keep in mind when optimizing images to rank higher on search engines. The first is optimizing the alt-text in images. It’s a must to include alt-text and even backlinks when including images on your webpage. By doing this, Google understands what your images are and it builds authority. The second thing to keep in mind is site loading time. Users are more likely to stay on your webpage when your site loads quickly. Reducing the pixels or size of images on your site can quicken loading time.
- Utilizing Backlinks: Backlinks build more authority in search engine ranking systems. This can look like an internal or external link. When using external links, you want to use high-ranking backlinks. Throughout time, using backlinks will build authority on Google. You can gain more authority on Google by using high-ranking backlinks. Google will give your webpage more authority to do so consistently.
- Boosting Social Media: Social media is currently one of the best ways to drive organic traffic to your website. Make sure to link and promote your social media on your webpage. You should do the same on your social media platforms, promoting your web pages, if you haven’t already. Posts on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn will boost organic traffic. Social media has great potential and can make your business very successful if used well!
- Using Semantic Indexing: Utilizing semantic indexing is a rule of SEO ranking. Google will not recognize your site as legitimate if this feature is misused. To increase the chances of organic traffic, you’ll want to make sure this feature is working. Using too many of the same keywords over and over is not good. Keywords are great in moderation, don’t abuse the keywords to fluff up content on a webpage.
- Optimize Canonical Tags: Optimizing your URL among competitive sites is a technical SEO tool that can be extremely beneficial. Canonical tags can make your page stand out. Google can easily decipher your webpage from others on the same topic when you make use of canonical tags.
- Fixing Redirects: Google doesn’t favor redirects when ranking sites. Any redirects should be eliminated. 101 redirects do nothing but confuse Google to where users should be redirected to. To increase organic traffic, redirects should be fixed.
- Optimizing Site Speed: As previously mentioned, users are more likely to spend more time on a quick loading web page. Users often leave a site if it doesn’t load within a couple of seconds. Optimizing site speed can boost the overall user experience. Making sure your web page is mobile-friendly also plays a big role in site speed. If your site isn’t already mobile-friendly, you should look into making it mobile user-friendly to optimize traffic.
Using these tips listed above is guaranteed to boost your SEO ranking on search engines, ranging from the basics of SEO to technical tools that are the cherry on top to ranking higher. However, please note that having the basics of SEO (keywords, good content, relevant backlinks, etc.,) is most important and should be the priority when looking to increase organic search traffic.
Increase Website Traffic
Increasing website traffic can make your business very profitable! Whether it’s organic or paid traffic, both are beneficial. It’s a must to have a solid organic traffic strategy so that when using paid traffic, your site can be fully optimized on search engines. Using the tools listed above can greatly increase website traffic!
No matter what shape your site may be in, your webpage is recoverable. Using SEO, organic traffic can rectify a webpage to being optimized once more! Utilizing all types of traffic can be of great use to future revenue. Types of traffic includes:
- Organic traffic
- Direct traffic
- Social traffic
- Paid search traffic
- Email traffic
- Referral traffic
All of these types of website traffic are pretty explanatory in the name itself, however, direct traffic can be difficult. Organic and direct traffic sounds similar, but they are very different. What’s the difference? Let’s define what direct vs organic traffic is and we’ll provide a few examples of each!
Is Your Website Traffic Direct Or Organic?
When analyzing the traffic coming onto your website, you might see a difference between organic vs direct traffic. The difference between direct and organic traffic is pretty vague. Direct traffic means traffic that does not come from referring sites. This means sites that are backlinks to your webpage. Organic traffic that comes from search engines is earned not paid.
Examples of organic traffic include: SEO tools such as keywords, page loading time, backlinks, and more. Examples of direct traffic include: users typing in a URL directly into the search bar, users clicking bookmarks that lead to your URL, and links related to powerpoints, doc, etc., that lead to your webpage.
Start Increasing Organic Traffic
In review, to increase your website traffic, you’ll want to hone your SEO skills. Search engine optimization is a powerful strategy when it is done properly. Don’t be intimidated by the different types of SEO, as they all intertwine once you dive into SEO fully. On-page SEO is the backbone of a good webpage and the rest sets you ahead of competitors. Using the tips laid out in the article is sure to have your site ranking very well on Google!
- What is organic traffic?
- What are the three main categories of SEO?
- How do I know if traffic is direct or organic?
- Why should I use canonical tags?
- What are the different types of website traffic?