How can you use SEO to make your coffee shop stand out? Being a coffee shop owner is a competitive business. The world is full of coffee shops, so there are a few ways to make yours different. You give your customer the highest quality brew every time. Of course, your coffee can speak for itself! Getting people in the door is the difficult part. This article will help you learn how to turn those empty seats into regulars coming into your shop.
Why Do You Need SEO for Your Coffee Shop’s Website?
People no longer wander down the street and look for coffee shops. When a customer is looking for where to get their next cup of coffee, oftentimes they turn to their phone. People might search for things like “coffee shops near me” or “best coffee around”. After the search comes up, it ranks not only the closest shops, but the most highly rated as well. In order to compete with the coffee shop next store, you need a good online presence. You could start getting competitive with ads or increase your activity on social media channels. Either way, you need to put yourself out there to stay relevant with your SEO, or search engine optimization. SEO is used to increase your store’s ranking in Google searches. Ads are one way to do this, and a common way to advertise by using ads is PPC.
PPC, or pay-per-click, is a way that allows your website to come up before the search engine lays out which websites it likes best for users to select. Sounds great, right? You can get above all the websites and not have to deal with Google’s messy algorithm. Here is the catch, any time your ad is clicked on it costs you money. It doesn’t matter if the viewer clicks on it and is out in a second. A click is a click.
Benefits of PPC
One of the benefits of PPC is that it provides fast results. Your business could see an increase in customers for however long you run the ad. Using PPC and SEO together could be the perfect solution for a company wanting short and long-term effects. But ads cost money and not every local coffee shop has that in the budget. If you are looking for long-term effects, consider using free SEO for your website. Why spend money on PPC when you can use other SEO tips to show up naturally?
Free SEO (search engine optimization)
SEO involves using the correct keywords and making sure your website checks all the boxes the search engine wants to see. It can be intimidating to start implementing something new into your brand, especially if your company is already well established. Here are some simple ideas to start incorporating free SEO into your coffee shop website.
- Research to see what keywords to use to get your website in front of the right people. By using certain words throughout the pages in your website, it helps the search engine decide if your website has what the user is looking for. That ultimately brings your search engine ranking up.
- Post new content on your coffee shop’s blog. Along with using certain keywords throughout your website, having a blog where you can post articles is a great way to incorporate SEO. Algorithms love websites that have content updated regularly.
- Use Google’s Mobile Friendliness Test to see how your website performs. Google offers a free examination of how mobile-friendly your website is. This is important because search engines know their audience is users on smartphones. By having your website be mobile-friendly it allows for your SERP (search engine results page) ranking to climb.
- Make sure your website is laid out easily for users to navigate. This can include pages for products, menus, and giving your coffee shop a blog. Search engines are looking for websites that help their users find what they are looking for. By being not only mobile-friendly, but user friendly, you will have an advantage with search engines.
Getting your website to be favored by SEO takes time. When it is done right, your coffee shop can start to see an organic increase over time. SEO is a way to see an organic increase in not only your website traffic but customers coming into your store as well. That can explain why people say SEO is the best marketing strategy to get the best ROI.
How to Brand Your Coffee Shop
Coffee shop branding doesn’t start when someone tries your coffee for the first time. In fact, it is the last step. Building your brand and SEO go hand and hand. To make your brand recognizable by others you should start optimizing as soon as you can. This can help the user experience, which keeps customers coming back. If you’re a new coffee shop, you are ahead of the game by looking into how to optimize your shop. By using SEO to help build your coffee shop’s brand, you can start to overcome competition. Branding your coffee shop can be easy with the proper steps.
Branding Your Coffee Shop Checklist:
- Who is your audience? Speak to them. They are the ones that can keep your business up and running. Engage and try to build relationships with them.
- What’s your brand’s voice? Write social media posts, blog posts, menus, everything with the same message. It can help people see what kind of coffee shop you are in comparison to the one down the street.
- Do you have a blog? Start one today! This is an easy way to add engaging content algorithms love. It can also help your business grow with new and old customers.
Use Social Media
Did you know social media shows up when people search your shop? It can be a very effective way to bring people to follow your shop. It also gives customers a glimpse into your coffee shop environment and allows that person to start dreaming about what your coffee could taste like. That is the power social media can have on your brand. Try to only focus on a couple of platforms that you can put your creativity into. There are so many ways to utilize social media, especially concerning brand awareness.
The Importance of Mobile Friendliness
Algorithms today are changing to give the user the best experience. Despite searching on a desktop or mobile device, search engines want your website to be displayed well on both. That is why being mobile-friendly is huge. Who searches for things on their desktop computer these days anyway?
Know How to Use SEO
Learning SEO is the tricky part. It might take a little time, but in the long run, this can be all worth it. If you are stuck on where to start, this could be a sign to reach out to a marketing agency that wants your business to be as successful as possible.
SEO vs Local SEO
Being a local coffee shop, even if you have several locations, you can benefit by using local SEO. The difference between SEO and local SEO is almost how it sounds. Traditional SEO puts the websites in the rank of how well the site matches what the search engine is looking for. Local SEO uses your location to help give users close options to find exactly what they are looking for. You can use this to help your coffee shop be exposed to actual customers. Remember people are searching on their mobile devices to find coffee near them. You can target specific geographic locations to help increase your rankings.
Track with Google Analytics
When trying to improve your website, tracking the analytics is important. It becomes easy to see how SEO is affecting your business. Through Google Analytics you can see how many people are viewing your shop’s website organically. Using analytics can help you reach the goals you want to achieve.
Great Reviews from Customers
Reviews are a way your customer can help your website come up higher in searches. Encourage your regulars to leave a review or do a giveaway that includes people not only following your coffee shop’s social media channel but leaving a review as well. So many ways to get your customers involved in improving your SEO.
What is Your Next Coffee Shop Strategy?
Have we convinced you that SEO can help enhance your website and overall business yet? Make people’s search for your coffee shop stand out. SEO is a powerful tool that can take your business to the next level. If you are ready to increase your brand awareness, we are excited for you. Whether you are ready to try SEO out on your own or looking for a marketing agency to help guide you, SEO Design Chicago wants you to be successful.
- How important is it SEO for your coffee shop?
- Why do you need SEO for your website?
- How to brand my coffee shop?
- What do the best coffee shop websites have?
- How do I improve SEO on my website?