What qualifies as content? Having strong content is critical in mastering SEO, which is why many companies have an entire team dedicated to producing great content. Other companies may only have one or two people working on their company’s content. There are also entire agencies out there you can hire to help you produce content.
You might be wondering, what is SEO content? Part of web content creation is the content referring to the pages of your website that helps your customers get to know you. The other part of web content creation is content that shares information. This is usually in the form of blogs or newsletters. There are several types of content that qualify as SEO content. These include:
- Product pages
- Blog posts
If you go onto a marketer’s website, you will usually find most, if not all, of the listed above. Choosing from an array of SEO content can reach more of your audience and set you apart from your competitors. Your audience wants to see what makes your company stand out from others.
Content Strategy Enhancement
If you’re stuck on how to improve your SEO content strategy, our expert representatives at SEO Design Chicago can help. There are a few basic tips to help you get started:
- Goals, goals, goals: What are some of the goals you have for your brand and website? By targeting specific goals, such as advertising or sales, you’ll be able to focus on the types of content that will best achieve those goals.
- Audience: Make sure you know who your desired audience is. Different audiences cannot be treated the same. There is available software to help you know what kind of audience you attract (versus your targeted audience). Once you have that in mind, think about what the audience is looking for and how to best attract them. Each audience is different, so should your content strategy. For example, the younger generation tends to be more involved in social media and texting, in contrast with some of the older generations.
- Calendar: 60% of marketers create at least one piece of new content a day. Create a calendar to keep track of your editorial goals. When should you publish? What type of content will you publish? What days? These are some of the questions you ask yourself when getting started with an editorial calendar. Having a calendar will help you stay organized and provide regularity to your audience. Never plan too far in advance with specifics. At first, provide the generals until you maintain a rhythm of what works and what doesn’t.
- Create an outline: If you’re the one creating the content, it doesn’t hurt to start with an outline. Outlines can help speed up the writing process and help you stay organized. Outlines also help your content become more structured.
- Look at your website’s analytics: Once you establish your brand’s content strategy, access your analytics. What’s working? What isn’t? If you notice something you’re doing is working well, repeat it. For example, if you have videos on your website, and you have found they work well with your targeted audience, continue to include videos in the future.
In order to help your company succeed in today’s digital world, you might need to find an SEO content writing service. Not everyone likes to do large amounts of research on products or services unless it holds a large price tag. Most people don’t scroll down past the first few results that the search engine gives them. If you’re a small or emerging business, SEO is critical.
You might think your company’s website is well-written or pleasing to the eye; however, if the SEO isn’t there, neither are your customers. If you aren’t having much success with your company’s digital presence, it might be time to find some content writing help. SEO Design Chicago has experience helping companies with their SEO content writing.
Benefits to Using Content Creation Agencies
You might be asking, “what do content creation agencies provide for my company?” sContent creation agencies help lighten your load while, at the same time, improve your SEO. There are several benefits content creation agencies can provide to your company:
- Blog writing: Especially if you’re a small or emerging business, creating and regularly maintaining a blog can help your company get recognized. Content creation agencies can write and maintain your blog for you so you can build up your SEO, and, at the same time, your business doesn’t have the added stress.
- Graphic design: Graphics is a big part of creating digital content. Without them, we, humans, can get bored quickly looking at a black and white page. A content creation agency, such as SEO Design Chicago, can help make designing graphics easier.
- Photography and videography: Videos and photos keep your audience engaged. A content creation agency can do the work for you–they can be in charge of taking or collecting the photos and making the videos. SEO Design Chicago has their own team of photographers and videographers who can help you with your visual content.
- Email marketing campaigns: One of the proven marketing strategies is keeping your customers engaged. This includes reaching out to your customers time and time again after they’ve purchased your goods or services. Email is one of the most common ways to reach out to past customers. If you need help compiling content for your emails, SEO Design Chicago can help.
- Posting to social media: Updating social media can be time-consuming. A content creation agency can help run your social media, keeping track of the posts’ content and schedule, to make sure your targeted audience is viewing your posts and interacting with its content.
Why Outsource Your Content Writing?
Keeping track of your business’s content is hard work. Outsourcing can be a great help to your business, so you can spend more time meeting your customer’s needs. Five reasons why you should start outsourcing your content writing include:
- Professional writing: As mentioned earlier, not everyone has the skills to write convincing material to keep readers engaged. By outsourcing, you can leave your content writing to a professional.
- Digital marketing expertise: Especially if you’re new to SEO, you might not know the ins and outs yet. Outsourcing to trained experts can give you less to worry about.
- Consistent content publishing: Having regular and set days and times to release content can be a lot to think about. When you outsource, you don’t have to stress about deadlines.
- More time to devote to your business: There are a lot of things involved when running a business, and content writing can take up a lot of time and work. Outsourcing can be a great way to make sure you can devote your time elsewhere.
- Outside perspective: Having a fresh pair of eyes look at your content is always wise. Even though you know the ins and outs of your business, sometimes it can be hard to see your products from the eyes of a customer.
What Qualifies as Content Writing?
So what qualifies as content writing? Content writing is more than writing articles–it’s about writing for all types of content formats. Some of the content formats include email (newsletters), social media, podcasts, keynote speeches, web pages, and YouTube, to name a few.
Only 50% of readers will read the entire article, so you have to be careful when organizing your content. Find ways to keep your audience interested, not only for a single article or video, but keep them interested in your company. Organization and structure with your content can help.For example, if the reader loses interest during the first paragraph of one of your web pages, it might be time to spice it up a bit, otherwise, they won’t continue reading to the end. Including different types of content can also interest your audience, and keep them interested. Adding pictures or videos can show them that you’re interested in your product–especially if the pictures or videos you use are personal.
If your company is in search of a content writer, there are several traits to look for so your company can succeed:
- Error-free, well-written content
- Non-textbook engaging content
- Easy to scan article layout
Not everyone has the skill it takes to be a content writer. By following these guidelines, you’ll be sure to find a content writer who meets your company’s needs.
A content creator is a person who is in charge of the contribution to your company’s media, especially your company’s digital media. They can also create offline material (such as a brochure).
Your content needs to be of high-quality. Part of having high-quality content is showing your future and current customers what they can expect of you and your brand. Try to write content that is relatable to your customers. They are real people, and they want to see the people who are behind the company.
At SEO Design Chicago, we offer several content packages to help you with long-term content marketing.
Instead of being limited to your website pages, create a company blog. Creating a blog can take your company to the next level of content creation. When you use a blog you can keep your audience updated. Your targeting audience is interested in more than just the products or services you sell.
So What Qualifies as Content?
Hopefully, this article answered the question for you of what qualifies as content. You might already have a website, but find that it’s not showing up in the search engine results. If you are ready to produce great content and finally show up in the top results, but don’t know where to get started, contact SEO Design Chicago, who have specialists who are here to help you.