The pest control industry is not terribly glamorous, but the right pest control marketing ideas can help you overcome that. Pest control services are a necessity. A homeowner cannot simply let rodents and insects run rampant through their home. The same applies for landlords and property managers. With that said, in a field driven by necessity, how do you stand out amongst the crowd? The pest control industry has a market value well within the billions. That allows for more than enough room for your business. It is time to get out there and secure your cut of the pie. With the help of a number of pest control marketing strategies, you will see your client base begin to grow.
Pest Control Marketing Ideas
Everyone is trying to stand out from the crowd. The popularization of internet usage made this easier than ever. The thing is, you can’t just have an online presence anymore. Every nook and cranny of the internet has been occupied, leaving you out in the cold. This does not mean that internet presence is not important, but there are many other pest control marketing ideas. The pest control industry is reliant upon proximity. One of the best pest control advertising ideas is to go local. If you begin to appeal to your neighbors on local level, you will begin seeing far more business. The following pest control marketing ideas are the best ways to go about making this happen.
Although it is important to focus on your local area, a website is still a great pest control marketing idea. An internet landing space is a necessity for any business. Simply having a pest control website is an act of pest control marketing. If anyone pulls out their smartphone and searches “pest control services near me,” you want to be found. If you have an accessible website that is easy to find, clients will be grateful.You want your website to be optimized to the needs of you and your clients. In order to do so, there are a number of things to keep in mind.
- Obvious contact information: One of many fantastic pest control marketing ideas is easily obtainable personal information. Potential clients will not enjoy having to scour your website for your phone number. A “about me” or “contact us” page will greatly serve your business. With this in place, customers will be able to easily call or email you. Alongside that, they will get to know you a bit better.
- Critical information (availability and pricing): Potential clients do not want to search far pertinent information. Nothing is more important to your business than your availability and pricing. In order to give yourself the best chance to succeed, clearly list this information on your website. This will streamline your interaction with potential clientele, making your life a lot easier in the long run.
2. Website Functionality
- Mobile adaptability: Website creation can be challenging. This is especially true when it comes to optimization for mobile devices. Even so, many potential clients, especially those on the younger side, will find your website on their mobile device. One of the great pest control marketing strategies is to create a mobile version of your website. Many website builders, such as WordPress, make this process easy. At the very least, make sure that your website’s content is entirely visible on a mobile device.
- Online scheduling options: Scheduling can be a hassle. Pests are a problem that people need solved as quickly as possible. If you are on the job and currently unable to answer the phone, you need a way to acquire your next job. Online scheduling could be a fantastic solution to this problem. Your upcoming clients will be able to secure a spot in your schedule without true contact with you. Always call or email to confirm that the client will be available at their scheduled time.
- Security and speed: You want to appear to potential clientele as trustworthy. The creation of a secure and fast website will make you do so. This simple task is one of the premiere pest control marketing ideas. It is best to create an HTTPS website instead of an HTTP website. On top of that, optimize your website for maximum speed by compressing assets such as images.
- Engaging imagery and videography: Images and videos are your first opportunity to grab the attention of potential customers. They need to be both eye-catching and relevant. This means that customers need to be able to clearly define who you are from these photos. There are a wide array of options when it comes to creating these images. You can find stock images online, but you’ll need to make sure you can use them. Other options include creating your own images, or commissioning others to do so.
- Social media links: Social media is just as important for pest control marketing as it is for any marketing. When it comes to your website, make sure that your social media links are clearly accessible. Potential clients will be able to see what you are up to on a daily basis. It is important to make sure that you link your website on your social media pages as well.
- Reviews: Another of many incredible pest control marketing ideas is showcasing your past success. Allow clients the opportunity to leave you a rave review for your fantastic service. Afterwards, proudly display these reviews on your website for everyone to see. Trustworthy reviews lead to more people blowing up your phone for their pest control needs.
Local Pest Control Marketing
You now have an incredibly efficient landing spot for your pest control business. The next challenge is getting potential clients to find your contact information (listed on your website). A tried and true pest control advertising idea is to go old school. This means successfully utilizing traditional marketing to your benefit. Pest control businesses can greatly benefit from billboards, door-to-door flyers, and newspaper/magazine ads. Local television is another fantastic option when it comes to pest control marketing ideas. Small-scale commercials will allow your business to get into the headspace of many consumers. When a problem eventually arises on the consumer end, they will immediately think of your name to call.
Optimize your SEO
SEO (search engine optimization) is one of the premiere pest control marketing ideas. In short, it is the process of making your online presence appear higher in the Google rankings. There are many ways to go about optimizing your SEO on both a local and national level.
1. Research Keywords
Simple keyword knowledge is the most basic level of SEO. You will need to identify the correct terminology that best applies to you and your business. A number of options will appeal to you, such as, “pest control near me” and “exterminators near me.” Use keywords such as these if you think they best describe your business. This means successfully employing these terms on your landing pages. Landing pages are the premiere pages on your website, potential clients should be finding them as much as possible.
Backlinks and internal linking act as incredible marketing for pest control businesses. Backlinks are a product of your superior service. If other industry professionals recognize you for the expert that you are, they will say so. If your services are linked to by another trusted service, that is a backlink. This allows potential clients the knowledge that your service is excellent, and puts you higher up in the SEO Google rankings. If you want more backlinks, it could be worthwhile to reach out to relevant industry sources. Internal linking is placing links from one page on your website to another page on your website. This is a simple enough task. In many ways, it acts as self-advertising for your particular product or service. Ultimately, it will raise your place in the SEO Google rankings. This is an appealing concept and idea, but do not go overboard with it. Use internal linking effectively but sparingly, in a manner that best services you.
Local SEO is the optimal choice for those looking for pest control marketing ideas. The goal is to be found in a “pest control near me” search, creating a Google business profile is the best way to achieve this goal. Following the creation of your Google business profile, you will want to verify yourself. Any information relating to your business needs to be consistent. Phone numbers, business names, addresses, etc., are what Google monitors in its search functionalities. If you have correctly and consistently provided this information, you will begin to rise in the ranks. Verified Google business profiles are seen as trusted sources for consumers. If your pest control business becomes one of these premiere listings, you will see an increase in local clientele.
Lasting Effects of Pest Control Marketing
Successfully implementing these various pest control marketing ideas will allow your business to thrive. Proximity is key when it comes to pest control, but an online presence cannot be overlooked. It is important to appear approachable but efficient towards your consumers. In doing so, your SEO Google rankings will rise alongside your clientele base.
- How to get customers for my pest control business?
- Can I really succeed at pest control?
- How can I gain local clients for my pest control business?
- Is it possible to market a pest control business?
- How can I increase the online presence of my pest control business?