If you want a piece of the Amazon pie, you’ll first need to know how to open an Amazon store.The company possesses an ever expanding reach, which is obvious when reviewing Amazon’s massive 2020 revenue spike. In 2020 alone, Amazon net $386 billion in profit, an increase of over $100 billion in comparison with 2019. It is natural as a retailer to want to open an Amazon storefront after you see those figures. Before you create your dedicated storefront, there are a number of things to consider. In choosing to open an Amazon store, you have the opportunity to grow your brand. A storefront such as this goes far beyond selling product, and you should take full advantage of that. Your customers will be much more likely to return for multiple purchases if they begin to trust you. In order to become an overwhelmingly popular Amazon store, it is best that you abide by a select few steps.
How to Open an Amazon Store
As previously mentioned, a certain guideline to creating your own Amazon store exists. Amazon put it in place themselves in order to ensure that everything runs smoothly in the shipping department. Shipping locations for Amazon have enough on their plate already, so the need to streamline the process is understandable. If you are wondering how to open an Amazon store, the guideline is in place as a friend. In choosing to follow it, you will be on the path to opening an amazing Amazon storefront. You can even do it for free!
Register Your Brand in the Amazon Brand Registry
The Amazon Brand Registry exists for the sake of your protection. This makes it a wonderful partner for those wishing to open an Amazon store. The registry helps protect intellectual properties and brands for all Amazon storefronts. It is a necessity that you enroll for the Amazon Brand Registry prior to creating your own Amazon store. Amazon includes a multitude of tools within the program, such as a variety of analytical reports for you to review. In order to gain access to the registry, you will need to complete a few steps:
- Create an Amazon seller account.
- File your active registered trademark through the Amazon IP Accelerator.
- Display your brand name/logo on the packing of your products. Once again, this is way to streamline shipping on Amazon’s end.
Enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry
If you want to open an Amazon store, the previous steps were absolutely crucial. Now that you have successfully completed them, it is time for you to enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry.
- Choose to “Enroll now” via the Amazon Brand Registry website.
- Specify the country-specific marketplace that you intend to sell your products within.
- Login with the Amazon seller account that you previously created.
- Complete and submit the legal documents regarding your trademark/trademark application. Following this step, you will be redirected to the Brand Registry page.
- Select Manage.
- Select Enroll a brand.
- Follow the remaining steps that appear before you regarding brand enrollment.
- Submit your brand enrollment for review.
Register Your Amazon Products
If your goal was to open an Amazon store, once your brand is approved, you have accomplished it. That does not mean that your work stops there. Actually, you are far from designing and opening an amazon storefront that will yield you results. In order to create your own Amazon store, you will need to register the various products you hope to sell. This can be accomplished from the hub within your Amazon seller account. You can either add products one at a time, or add multiple products at once with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Amazon is compatible with Excel and various other spreadsheet programs to make your life as easy as possible.
An aspect of registering your Amazon products that you may be unfamiliar with is SKUs. In order to learn how to open an Amazon store, you will have to master them. Amazon requires that you provide unique SKU numbers for each of your products. To clarify, all of your products must have different SKUs. One SKU is not enough for Amazon to differentiate between your products.
SKUs create a record for each of your products and cannot be changed for any reason. Once the SKU exists, it simply exists in that same form for the rest of time. Alongside your SKUs, you will need to upload your product information. This means however much stock you have on one particular item, its price, and condition. Amazon allows you the opportunity to provide any other necessary information on a product as well. If you have any further information that is potentially useful, customers will surely appreciate it.
Amazon A+ Content
When you open an Amazon store, Amazon provides you with a number of services for success. Amazon A+ content is just one of these services. Once you have registered your products, you are allowed to dedicate some “A+ content” towards these items. This includes photos, videos, artwork, charts, and anything else you can think of that would benefit your customers. This service is in place to allow your products to seem more enticing to Amazon users.To add Amazon A+ content to the product listings on your storefront, you must do a few things:
- Visit Seller Central. This is attached to your Amazon seller account.
- Find and select Advertising within the navigation menu.
- Click “Enhanced Brand Content.”
- Find the SKU that you wish to add content to. You can also select to add the same content to all SKUs.
- Add the images, videos, artwork, etc., to your SKU. Anything that will potentially catch the eye of customers is worthwhile in this endeavor.
- Preview the page to ensure all of your content is available in the manner that you want.
- Submit the “A+ content” for review. Amazon’s review process can take up to 7 business days (potentially longer), so remember to be patient.
On the off chance that your “A+ content” is rejected, you are allowed to edit it and resubmit it. If you require any further help, Amazon provides multiple templates to help you with your listings.
Design and Open an Amazon Storefront
Your brand is approved and your products are listed. The next step for you to set up an Amazon store is to design your storefront. Once you accomplish this last step, you can finally launch your store page. It may seem simple, but we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves. As always, there are steps that will help you create the absolute best store page that you can.
- Login to your Amazon seller account (the same one you have been using to open an Amazon store).
- Navigate to Seller Central.
- Once there, select Stores, and then Manage Stores from within the navigation menu.
- Click the “Create Store” button.
- Various templates will appear before you. They are known as Product Grid, Marquee, and Showcase. Each one has their design benefits, choose the one that best appeals to you.
- Once you choose one, Store Builder will open.
- Add a page to your store via Page Manager. Do not forget to enter a page name, description, and choose a page template.
- Use Tile Manager to select products for your page. The tool will also allow you to arrange the products on your page.
- Utilize the Preview Window to get an idea of how customers will see your store. If you find it satisfactory, you can move on.
Learn and Practice
When it comes to opening an Amazon store, you will need more than one page. Luckily for you, you have just learned exactly how to make an amazing page. All of your pages will be able to appear within your one store. This does not mean that they all have to abide by the same template. If you want to use Marquee on one page, and Showcase on another, you can. In fact, it is recommended to vary up design choices to keep potential customers engaged.
Submitting Your Store
Once you have customized all of your pages, it is time to submit your store for publishing. Like all of Amazon’s review processes, this could take a few days. Do not fret, there is a status bar that will tell you exactly where your store is in the review process. Following publication of your store, remember to utilize analytical tools to judge your success. Amazon provides a few of these tools themselves, which can be found within the Insights section of your Store Builder.
A Successful Amazon Store
Knowing how to set up an Amazon store and successfully opening one are two different things entirely. In order to open an Amazon store, you had to register your brand in the Amazon Brand Registry. That, and simply creating a store, is all that is truly necessary to create your own Amazon store. In the long run though, this would not yield an Amazon storefront that you would be satisfied with. The overall design process of your store is the true creation of what will begin to make you revenue. Presenting your store in a professional manner, alongside effective and desirable products is the goal. Once this has been accomplished, you will have set up an Amazon store that you can be proud of.
- Does it cost anything to open an Amazon store?
- How to enroll in Amazon A+?
- How much do people profit from Amazon stores?
- Is it still worth it to open an Amazon store?
- Are Amazon stores available to anyone?